4 years WOW!
So as I sit here at my PC. I have goose bumps thinking of what I have achieved.
4 years ago, I had lost everything, and when I say everything I mean money, job, husband, house the lot.
What I still had was over 8 years recruitment knowledge, fantastic parents and some amazing friends.
Oh and my stubborn streak....
In the 4 years I have
- Lost friends who really didn't understand my situation and how hard it is to go it alone, (not just in business but in life)
- Lived on toast and cigs
- Be scammed by people I though I could trust
- Had sleepiness nights through people paying late, (how was I going to pay my bills)
- Stressed about paying my suppliers when invoices where paid late
- Started a court case for a company that owes me money
- Been so scared of losing it all over again
- Worried that I just wasn't clever enough to run a business
But hey I have also
- Made fantastic new friends that really 'get me'
- Won business awards
- Learned more than I could ever imagine from people, seminars and networking events
- Gained huge respect from people I look up too
- Increased my business turn over by 126.7% and profit by 100%
- Taken on people to work for me.
- Have a lovely house
- Bought a new car
- Have a great social life
- Gained enough confidence to speak at seminars and networking events
- Helped over 100 businesses grow
- Opened doors for 100's of people for new jobs
- Been on holiday
Wow I could go on,
I met someone on Wednesday who told me that only 4 in 100 businesses make a profit in year 4. So I guess that means I should be proud. I should look around the office and smile and maybe I should take time off every now and then ha ha .
I love my job, I love my family and friends, I love what I have achieved in 4 years and really can't wait to see how much my business has grown in another year.
What do I put all this success down too (even with the big knocks along the way)?
I am a stubborn cow who will Never!!! be beaten, end of...ha ha ha
Enjoy your journey, its a great one if you want it to be....
Michelle Poole, 26 September 2014 01:06 PM:
Awesome - it's a tough, uphill struggle - but someone's got to do it - and you have done it fabulously.
Louise from Local-eyes, 26 September 2014 01:11 PM:
Nobody deserves success more than you. Lovely person with a lovely heart. Congratulations. Enjoy your success, and treat yourself to a bit of time off xx